Booksy

Review of small press and independent books.

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-15 19:33:23

Kay Green
Admin
Website

The Iraqi thrower of shoes

The sight of an Iraqi journalist chucking shoes at George Bush was, initially, a very satisfying one. 'This is for the widows and orphans,' he shouted.

Brilliant. How many people, of all nations, have died as a result of the Bush regime's stupid policies over Iraq? - How many of us, worrying about forces personnel of our own nations, would like to chuck something at Bush? But then one begins to think just how much the shoe-thrower is likely to suffer for his action. How about if lots of people post messages all over the web, saying that he was speaking for millions, that we thank him, and that we aren't going to forget him and would like to see him emerge, safe and well, from the justice system?

If you feel the same way I do, please start posting!

If you didn't see it, here's a film clip

#2 2008-12-15 22:12:23

Catherine Edmunds
Admin
Website

Re: The Iraqi thrower of shoes

Thanks for drawing attention to this, Kay. I'm glad to say it's being discussed on a load of forums across the net at the moment.

#3 2008-12-16 15:54:44

Kay Green
Admin
Website

Good!

#4 2008-12-25 10:04:27

Borrelpeff
Website

This is yet another occasion where the internet can be used for good. Not just for the spreading of information, but as a linking medium that can bond like minds into a credible force.

#5 2008-12-29 21:39:37

Kay Green
Admin
Website

Yes indeed. I sometimes imagine trying to explain to the me of 30 years ago how easily I can talk to, and collect opinions from, all sorts of people from all over the world. The amazing thing is how quickly we forget how amazing it is. I love not having to trust newspapers and TV for information on anything more than 20 miles away!

Board footer