Booksy

Review of small press and independent books.

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Hello
  •  » Hi Michelle Beaching aka Tracey

#1 2008-08-04 00:20:22

michellebeaching

Hi Michelle Beaching aka Tracey

Hi, I'm Tracey, pseudo. Michelle Beaching, and I'll answer to both!  I'm one of Kay's writer's forum members. I am currently restructuring a novel, in between writing poetry - a slight compulsion which will never leave me, I'm sure - and (more recently) having a stab at short stories. 

I would love to write ten hours a day, every day, but have a day job and two kiddies to attend to.  Luckily, the kids are delightful (albeit a handful) and the day job is very creative - I teach and perform West African percussion and song.

I adore books, full stop. My preferred genres tend to be literary fiction, historical fiction, sci-fi, philosophy (I have an MA in that) and, of course, poetry.  I've also recently started reading short stories and wish I'd done it years ago.

#2 2008-08-04 07:54:04

Catherine Edmunds
Admin
Website

Re: Hi Michelle Beaching aka Tracey

Hi Tracey - great to see you over here smile

#3 2008-08-04 09:15:26

Kay Green
Admin
Website

Hiya Michelle! Nice to see a plug for short stories there. Marvellous things when done properly. Is it only writers who like reading them? I've just read a set by Daniel Abelman and want to trumpet them from the rooftops.

#4 2008-08-04 18:28:15

Borrelpeff
Website

Hi, Michelle, and welcome.
I'm with you, as far as Historical Fiction is concerned, and short stories. Shame there is so little demand for shorts nowadays; I have my father's old Artists and Writers Yearbook for 1954, there are several pages of markets for short stories, both printed and broadcast. Now... almost nothing!

#5 2008-08-26 18:35:02

Anne Ayres

Hi Michelle, nice to see you!

• Index
  •  » Hello
  •  » Hi Michelle Beaching aka Tracey

Board footer