Booksy

Review of small press and independent books.

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Hello
  •  » Hi from Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

#1 2008-02-15 11:20:46

Lugh
Website

Hi from Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Hi folks...

I'm Louis P. Burns aka Lugh; owner of Upstate Renegade Productions in Derry, Northern Ireland.  I'm an independent new media producer and run an online based new arts media production service for artists, musicians and writers on; www.upstaterenegadeproductions.com

I'm a writer of poetry, short stories and songs, as well as the occasional article (political) in local Press here in Northern Ireland and reviews of other writers that I respect or have had the privilege of reading, working with or simply knowing.  I'm a trained actor with a back catalogue of television appearances in such shows as Glenroe by RTE Television and films like Hurting, Coping, Growing which addressed and tackled the ugliness of domestic violence.

I also have extensive experience of working on radio.  I produce and perform some of my own poetry to video with my colleagues; Brian Gillespie (writer) and Diarmuid McGowan (film editor).  Some of this is up online already.

I encountered Circaidy Gregory Press / Booksy through a review of Catherine Edmunds' last book; The Sand In The Painting (Early Works Press) because the review I composed for that book appears in her latest book of poetry entitled; Wormwood, Earth and Honey which I am now reading and thoroughly enjoying...

Best wishes to all of you...

Peace...

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh / Upstate Renegade Productions.  Derry, Northern Ireland...

Last edited by Lugh (2008-02-15 20:14:23)

everybody.
one breath, one step at a time.
that's how to live best...

#2 2008-02-15 11:35:52

Kay Green
Admin
Website

Re: Hi from Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Hi Lugh, and welcome. I've just taken a tour of Upstate Renegade Productions via your link. Interesting stuff, thanks, and I'm glad you're enjoying wormwood. Do drop by and give us your thoughts on it when you've done!

#3 2008-02-15 19:19:20

Lugh
Website

Re: Hi from Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Kay Green wrote:

Hi Lugh, and welcome. I've just taken a tour of Upstate Renegade Productions via your link. Interesting stuff, thanks, and I'm glad you're enjoying wormwood. Do drop by and give us your thoughts on it when you've done!

Hi Kay smile

I will of course post my thoughts on Catherine's latest book; Wormwood, Earth and Honey.  I'm a huge fan of her writing and have benefitted greatly from her editing skills on my own poetry and short stories over the last few years.

I have found myself going back to several of the poems in Wormwood, Earth and Honey already.  I have also read the other reviews on Catherine's website and agree that her writing is delightful and multi-layered.  I would say what stands out for me is the comedy (in some).  The depth, quality and/or quirkiness of each piece also holds me captivated.  So, like a good CD, film or story that can be heard, watched or read over and over again, pleasure is added to with each reading of Wormwood, Earth and Honey by Catherine Edmunds.

Peace and prosperity.

Lugh...

Last edited by Lugh (2008-02-15 20:12:18)

everybody.
one breath, one step at a time.
that's how to live best...

• Index
  •  » Hello
  •  » Hi from Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Board footer