Booksy

Review of small press and independent books.

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-28 17:18:41

Anne Ayres

Another late arrival!

I am a writer of short stories and poetry and thanks to the support given by Earlyworks Press I have been fortunate enough to have had some of them published.  I was a late-comer to writing and at first I was more than happy just to be able to write something that was coherent.  However, as time went on, and I read other people's work, I was encouraged to try and improve my early efforts.  Needless to say, I am still learning!  As an inveterate 'people watcher' I use my observations in my writing.

As for reading - I am never without a book!  I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing and it is certainly my excuse for not having the time to write more myself!  However, it doesn't matter how many books I read, I never seem to have read the book of the moment which everyone else is talking about!

#2 2007-08-02 15:58:56

RDGardner

Re: Another late arrival!

Me neither... by the time they arrive in my local library, everyone's talking about something else...

#3 2007-11-30 23:57:54

AndrewIrvine

Re: Another late arrival!

Reading is an important part of writing for most people.  Just make sure that you have pad and pen with you always and jot down your thoughts, you will find that as you get more into it, the 'time to write more yourself' thing is not such an issue- it just happens as you develop different routines.

Board footer