Booksy

Review of small press and independent books.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-11 09:44:39

Rosalie Warren
Website

Coping with Chloe (age 11+)

My new novel, 'Coping with Chloe' is due to be published by Phoenix Yard Books on March 21st.

http://www.phoenixyardbooks.com/view_book.php?id=14

Publisher's blurb, from the Phoenix Yard website, (c) Phoenix Yard Books 2011

Anna and Chloe are twins. They share everything – from secrets to clothes; from fending off the school bully to dealing with their parents’ separation. Even Chloe’s terrible accident hasn’t split them apart. After all, twins have a special bond....

But Anna is beginning to realise that being inseparable isn’t always easy. Especially when no one else seems to understand that Chloe isn’t really gone; no one apart from the dashing Joe that is, who, inconveniently, seems to like both sisters.

Told through the eyes and mind of 12 year-old Anna, this is a powerful novel exploring teenage life and the grieving process.

The Author says.....

"I am fascinated by the mystery of twins, the way the human brain works and how we come to terms with painful losses in our lives. I was musing on these things when the character of Anna appeared out of the blue and started talking…and her story grew from there.

It’s completely up to you how you interpret this book. There isn’t necessarily one ‘correct’ explanation of what happens to Anna; she is just telling you what is real to her."

Copies may be purchased from The Book Depository, price £5.24
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/97 … with-Chloe

#2 2011-03-11 10:31:51

Catherine Edmunds
Admin
Website

Re: Coping with Chloe (age 11+)

Can't wait to read this one.

#3 2011-03-11 12:45:00

Kay Green
Admin
Website

Re: Coping with Chloe (age 11+)

It's great! I've just finished it. Review on the way!

Board footer