Booksy

Review of small press and independent books.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-09 21:56:39

neilmarr
Website

BALLET, VIOLIN LESSONS ... AND A TOUCH OF TORTURE, TOO

The strangest thing about today’s new release from BeWrite Books is that it exists at all.

Irene Thompson – author of *The A-Z of Punishment and Torture* – I remember from shared Fleet Street newspaper days in London over thirty-five years ago as a gentle, cat-loving, human interest writer of great skill and sensitivity, a ballet dancer of grace, with a tiny country cottage in Kent and who spent her spare time quietly in the cathedrals of England, patiently taking brass rubbings from medieval tombs.

Illustrator Catherine Edmunds (Booksy's very own Cathy) I’ve known for many years as a fine, nature-inspired, landscape and portrait artist who gives violin lessons to local children and writes haunting poetry and beautiful books and short stories of whimsical fantasy.

Both are warm-hearted mothers who coaxed their children to sleep and sweet dreams with fairy tales and lullabies.

Yet together they have produced a catalogue of cruelty ... from A-Z!

Read all about it in the bookstore section of www.bewrite.net or an extended piece in the BeWrite Books blog at www.bewritebooks.blogspot.com.

Two other strange things about *The A-Z of Punishment and Torture* is that it's BB's first non-fiction title ... and it's also our very first ebook-only release.

***The first three Booksy members to email me can choose the ebook format of their choice (PDF, ePub or Mobi) with our compliments.***

Cheers for now. Neil

ntmarrATbewrite.net (but use the @ sign, of course)

BeWrite Books -- www.bewrite.net

#2 2010-11-09 22:01:39

Kay Green
Admin
Website

Re: BALLET, VIOLIN LESSONS ... AND A TOUCH OF TORTURE, TOO

<Kay trots up from a previous century> .... can I try one? I've never tried owning one of those - which one can people who haven't got a mobile e- anything own?

#3 2010-11-09 22:07:57

neilmarr
Website

You can read the PDF version on a PC, laptop or netbook, Kay. Just drop me an email if you'd like to try that. Must hit the hay in half an hour after yet another seventeen-hour stint. If you get to me before then, I'll send the book by return as an attachment, if not first thing tomorrow (Wed). Cheers. Neil ntmarrATbewrite.net (use the @ sign, natch)

#4 2011-03-09 13:25:54

geoffnelder
Website

I've made use of their excellent A-Z of Torture in research for horror stories. So much easier to look the gory stuff up in an ebook than paper equivalents gathering dust on my shelves.

Congrats to Irene and Cathy.
Geoff

#5 2011-03-09 13:35:55

neilmarr
Website

Thanks, Geoff. The book's moving well. Hoots. Neil

#6 2011-03-09 14:04:37

Catherine Edmunds
Admin
Website

Delighted to know the book's been useful, Geoff.

Board footer